Our 3D printed Mould Guards make it easy to make silicone moulds for all your resin creations! Printed from PLA with a wide, smooth base, they adhere really well to contact to minimise the risk of cheeky lil leaks. Our guards have been designed so that the moulds you create will fit inside the gool ol' Kmart storage drawers, perfectly!
Small: 8.4cm x 8.4cm. Maximum volume = 150mL
Medium: 8.4cm x 16.8cm. Maximum volume = 295mL
Large: 16.8cm x 16.8cm. Maximum volume = 590mL
- Cut a piece of contact paper (for book covering) to allow about 2cm around the outside of the guard. Remove paper backing and place contact sticky side up on your work surface
- Press your mould guard to the contact and run your finger over the base to make sure the contact has thoroughly stuck to the frame. Also make sure your contact is pulled tought to minimise wrinkling on your mould and ensure a smooth surface.
- Place the components you want to make a mould of, base down onto the contact, Ensure the base is smooth and flat to provide the best adhesion with the contact paper.
- Once your components are in place (making sure you leave enough space around the edges so they're not touching the frame) pour your silicone mixture straight over the top. Make sure the silicone has covered the components with enough thickness to make a solid base
- Leave silicone to set as per product instructions, then flip over and remove the contact paper. Gently push the mould out of the frame. Remove your components and viola! You've made a mould!
- If the edges of your mould are a little rough, we recommend our silicone mould trimmer to tidy them up - super easy and fast!